- 2018-11-23 09:45:
- We plan to re-open access to Fram during today. Will keep you updated.
- We are currently running benchmarks and tests on the upgraded system.
- Cooling units are stress-tested now to pinpoint any outstanding issues.
- OpenMPI is upgraded now.
- 2018-11-22 22:48:
- Lustre servers are upgraded on Fram and several tests, benchmarks were run to fine tune parameters.
- First step of the CDU maintenance is carried out now.
- 2018-11-22 11:33:
- NIRD Service Platform is up again.
- Access to NIRD is reopened. Please note that we have now four login nodes and SSH fingerprint is changed.
- 2018-11-21 18:41:
- Needed hardware replacement for NIRD was carried out and all firmware upgrades are finalized on both Tromsø and Trondheim site storage systems.
- NIRD file systems are started back now and we plan to reopen access tomorrow before noon.
- Firmware is updated now on the Fram storage system.
- Several other updates, including the OpenFabrics stack and Lustre, were done in parallel.
- 2018-11-21 08:00: Maintenance has started.
Dear Fram, NIRD and Service Platform User,
On the 21st and 22nd of November we will have a scheduled maintenance on Fram, NIRD and Service Platform.
This will be a comprehensive maintenance on the national HPC and research data infrastructure, ongoing on multiple levels and sites. Due to it’s complexity and amount of work involved, some parts of the infrastructure might require downtime extension for the 23rd of November, too.
The work will include, but will not be limited to:
– firmware upgrades on disks, enclosures, chassis, etc.
– operative system upgrades
– queue system upgrade
– file system upgrades
– kernel upgrades
– upgrade of OpenMPI
– upgrades on the OpenFabrics stack
– maintenance on the cooling system units
Our aim is to enhance the stability and security of the infrastructure, eliminate bugs and enhance performance, while having the shortest downtime possible.
We understand that system unavailability has big impact on your daily work and such we try to bring back our systems functional as soon as possible.
Thank you for your consideration!