- 2020-01-23 17:30: Services are now progressively restarted.
- 2020-01-22 21:49: We have detected file system level corruption and to avoid data corruption we had to unmount and rescan all the file systems (about 18PB) on NIRD.
We are currently working on starting back the services on NIRD Toolkit.
- 2020-01-22 11:11: Software and firmware is now upgraded on NIRD Toolkit.
Most of the fileset changes are also carried out. We are currently working on the last bits. Will keep you updated.
- 2020-01-20 08:58: Maintenance has started. NIRD file systems are unmounted from Fram until maintenance is finished.
Dear NIRD and NIRD Toolkit User,
We will have a three day long scheduled maintenance on NIRD and NIRD Toolkit starting on the 20th of January, 09:00 AM.
During the maintenance we will:
- carry out software and firmware updates,
- change geo-locality for some of the projects,
- replace synchronization mechanisms,
- depending on part delivery times from disk vendor – expand the storage and quotas.
Files stored on NIRD will be unavailable during the time of the maintenance and therefore so will be the services. This will of course affect the NIRD file systems available on Fram too.
Please note that backups taken from the Fram and Saga HPC clusters will also be affected and will be unavailable during this period.
Please accept out apologies for the inconvenience this downtime is causing.