- 2019-04-03 13:25: NIRD and the service platform are back into production.
- 2019-04-03 10:59: Maintenance work has finished. We are proceeding in starting back the filesystems and services.
- 2019-04-03 08:22: Disk expansion and rebalancing is finished. HW checks are currently ongoing and shall finish in a couple of hours. Will keep you posted.
- 2019-04-02 09:55: NIRD filesystems are unmounted from Fram and replicated data is available read-only trough login-trd.nird.sigma2.no
- 2019-04-02 08:06: Maintenance work has started.
Dear NIRD User,
NIRD and the Service Platform will be under maintenance to expand the disk capacity in Tromsø.
The operations for storage expansion and disk pool rebalancing will start on the 2nd of April at 8:00 am CET and will last for maximum 2 days. During the maintenance, the services running on the NIRD Service Platform and on the NIRD Toolkit will not be available.
During the downtime we plan to make project data mirrored to Trondheim available in read-only mode trough a specially built login node. This solution will be first tested with real load during this downtime, thus we might encounter some technical difficulties.
That being said, to access the remote, mirrored data, please login to login-trd.nird.sigma2.no.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Update: The upgrade is now done. All seems to have gone well, but it can be a good idea to check your jobs.
We will upgrade the queue system (Slurm) on Fram at 11:00 today, from version 17.11 to 18.08. The upgrade is expected to take 5-10 minutes. During that time, queue system commands (squeue, sbatch, etc.) will not work, but running jobs should not be affected.
- 2018-04-30 14:46 File system issues are solved now on Fram and access is reopened. Jobs are temporarily on hold due to some troubles with the cooling system in the server room. As soon as that is sorted out, jobs will be permitted again.
- 2018-04-30 10:15 We are still struggling with the /cluster file system. The problem is escalated to the Vendor. At the moment we do not have a time estimate when Fram is back online, but there is work in progress to fix this as soon as possible, hopefully during the day.
- 2018-04-27 18:44 Unfortunately there are still problems taking up the Lustre file system on Fram. Issue is caused by an incompatibility hitting routing between IB networks/fabrics on the Lustre object storage servers. The vendor is now planning and working to carry out an emergency update on the system. We are sorry for the trouble.
- 2018-04-27 16:49 Access to NIRD is reopened now.
- 2018-04-26 22:50 We are having problems on taking up the Lustre file system on Fram. The issue is reported to the vendor. Additionally, there are some minor issues which must be addressed on NIRD before opening it for production, but we expect reopening the access to both Fram and NIRD during tomorrow.
Dear Fram and NIRD user,
A two day downtime is scheduled for week 17. The scheduled maintenance will start on Wednesday, 25th of April, at 09:00 AM and will affect Fram, NIRD and the Service Platform.
During this time we will:
1. Extend NIRD storage space with ~1.1PB.
– The new hardware will be coupled to NIRD and extra disks loaded to the system during these two days.
– Please note that the above advertised storage will not be available at once. Storage space is gradually added as soon as loaded disks are formatted and available to the file system.
– One of our top priorities is to address the inode shortage on $HOME areas.
2. Address file system related bugs on NIRD by upgrading the afferent software and tune some parameters on the servers.
3. Fix broken hardware on Fram.
4. Apply any outstanding patches to both Fram and NIRD.
5. Carry out maintenance work on the cooling system for Fram.
There is a job reservation in place on Fram starting on 08:45 AM 25th of April. Jobs that cannot complete before that time, will be left pending in the queue with a Reason “ReqNodeNotAvail” and an estimated start time of 2154. They will be started when the maintenance is over.
We will keep you updated via OpsLog/Twitter.
Thank you for your consideration!